This is a list of resources for researching historical costuming, particularly beyond the known mainstream museums.
- Claremont Colleges Digital Collection – 19th Century Fashion Plate Library. Easy to narrow by decade.
- Mimic of Modes. So many fashion plates from 1700s – 1900s (strong focus on late 1700s)
- New York Public Library Digital Collection. Not super easy to search. Try specific magazine names like “Godeys”, or specific items like “zouve”.
- University of Washington Digital Fashion Plate Collection
- Links to full issues of Godey’s Lady’s Book
- Brooklyn Museum, Fashion and Costume Sketch Collection, 1912 – 1950
- Casey Fashion Plates, Los Angeles Public Library. Late 1700s – early 1800s.