Camicia is basically done (I realize I could use cuffs on the sleeves, but I’m bored working on it) and turning my thoughts to a partlet. I only want to use what I have in my stash, but heyo I have some silk organza, a lot of gold lace, and pearls!
I’ve got Margo Anderson’s Italian underpinnings pattern, and made a mockup.
Yes, I made a mockup of a partlet. Which is like the simplest thing ever, some rectangles in the back and front with a bit of curving for the neck. I’m was feeling over cautious and super n00b-like mmmkay?
Since I have really narrow shoulders, I tried making a size 2 at the shoulder seams, and drew out to a size 8 for the length to make sure it fit over my bosom.
And it’s really bad. If I let the partlet fall where it wants to naturally, the shoulder seam is way too far back, and the front is at a super odd angle. If I yoink the shoulder seam up, the back neck is super bunch with tons of fabric. The front and back lengths also seem really short, I’d be afraid of this popping out of my dress top.
Back to the drawing board to figure this out.
I’m on a bit of a time crunch – I’d really like to get everything cut out and a trim design planned and pinned by Thursday, since I’ll be flying to Florida for Labor Day weekend, and a partlet is a nice portable sort of sewing project for a 5 hour airplane ride.