This Saturday in corset class, we put in all the grommets, the busk, and sewed all the pieces together. The teacher had prizes for anyone who finished, but no one came close (she said that in 9 years of teaching this class, 2 people have finished).
A few in progress shots of the corset:
I ended up inserting the stud half of the busk in the wrong side at first (and this was after joking with the teaching about inserting busks incorrectly, and tracking this really closely)
I pried it out, and re-inserted the busk.
After piles of ironing and sewing pieces together, this is where I ended the day:
Now I need to sew boning channels, bind the top and bottom, add a bit of trim, and I’m done!
I’m considering buying some new boning. I bought everything at Lacis, but they only had 1 inch increments. Turns out my corset length is prone towards half inches, and I’m feeling particular enough that I want the more-correct sized bones.