No photos, since I’ve been too lazy to take them. I got bored (re: annoyed, procrastinate-y) fitting the bodice, so I swapped to skirt construction since that’s pretty straightforward.
What I’ve done since last time:
Chemise (done. Not sure that it isn’t too high cut. I may need to recut it lower and rebind the top) Cut fabric Sew (optional) lace on top/hem/sleeves(decided against lace, since I’m not a huge fan of how it came out. The next one can be decorated)
try Peling’s bodice over my corset mockup1– Took a pattern of Peling’s bodice. mockup2– This one needed to have the back and front raised, a point added to the back waist, and getting rid of the huge gap between my arm and the armscye
- mockup 3 – I’m hoping this will be the final one. I need to open up the front princess seams and add some more fabric in to make them curved. Plan to do this over my corset this weekend.
- cut silk
- cut interlining (silk organza?)
- cut lining
- sew bodice
- make piping and bias tape
- sew piping
- bertha base
- bias tape on bertha
- attach bertha
- figure out wtf I want for sleeves
- sleeve mockup
- cut sleeves
- attach sleeves
- tucker (optional for now)
Buy base fabric– Got some green cotton from Joann (the only natural fiber they have) calculate flounce length and width buy lace and fringe– Decided not to do this trim. I couldn’t find a lace I liked in New York. I did find a phenomenal fringe (made of thread, not the usual poly fringe you find everywhere) but it was about 3 inches too long. I thought about buying it and trimming it, but too much effort. Maybe the next version of this dress? Sew base skirt
ind bottom with fashion fabric– It goes about 5-6 inches up the front to hide the cotton. I sandwiched some cotton tape in the lining to kick it out a bit.
- Scallop template
- test flounces and fraying
- Cut flounces (on the bias)
- gather flounce on cord
- sew flounces to skirt
- cartridge pleat (or knife pleat?)
- sew to waistband
- figure out skirt closure
- hooks & eyes to attach skirt and bodice
- Bought a flower and ribbon hairpiece from etsy. I think I’d like to sew some lace on it. Now just need a fake bun.