Hooks and eyes and headdesks

So I finally finished whipping the top gown fabric to the heavy linen interlining. I planned to attach the hooks & eyes to the interlining and put the lining on top, in order to avoid them pulling and showing the lining.

So I pull out the gown tops to start measuring, and I find this:



So I ripped out the stitches, flipped the fabric around, and whipped it down again. Then I was finally ready for hooks and eyes:

16 de heereNote the alternating sides of the hooks and eyes. I’m not sure where I picked up this idea, but I think it makes things pull more evenly.

This entry was posted in de heere gown, Renaissance. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.