Despite the fact that Dickens starts in a month and a half and I have done absolutely no work on my from-the-skin-out outfit, I decided to toss something together for Halloween.
A Dalek! I’m not sure where I got the idea. It’s apparently a pretty common cosplay, enough so that the Suicide Girls (yeah I don’t get it either) put together a video on how to do a quick and easy Dalek costume:
My colors were more inspired by this costume:
First I went shopping, and bought these materials:
- black full length dress (ebay)
- silver ribbon
- plastic christmas ornaments that separate in halves
- silver spray paint
- plunger (surprisingly difficult to find a plunger with a wooden handle and black rubber)
- small plastic cups (ok I took them from a burger restaurant)
- hair clips
- wire cutters (bought for my hoop skirt, but ended up needed for this!)
I thought I was going to have to buy plastic easter eggs and use only the spherical half. While in Michael’s, I found these awesome Christmas ornaments, which let me use both halves
I couldn’t get the end cut off perfectly, so I ended up buying some sandpaper and sanding the edges a bit more smooth.
- hem dress (as expected, I need to chop off about 7 inches from the dress, and take up the straps
- spray paint the hemispheres, cups, and plunger handle
- Glue ribbon on the dress (I know, glue usually makes me wince, but this is Halloween)
I can’t quite remember how the plunger fits in with the costume. — oh — is it there weapon arm ?
Pingback: Exterminate II | Avant Garbe